Translation of rupture in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (break)Example sentences
- Last May, he died suddenly from an aortic rupture at the age of 44, leaving a wife and young children.
- However, eating fish was found to have no impact on the risk of suffering a hemorrhagic stroke, where a blood vessel in the brain breaks or ruptures and causes bleeding on the brain.
- Once an eruption is initiated, the seal ruptures, suddenly releasing massive amounts of gas, which have been accumulating within the plumbing system of the volcano.
- 2 countable (hernia)Example sentences
- They represent the rupture of subepidermal connective tissue as a result of abdominal distension, either recent or remote.
- Neither of them had had pain before the initial rupture of the second rupture.
- Most ruptures originate during strenuous physical activities, especially basketball, tennis, football, and softball.
- 1(casing/container)don't lift that; you'll rupture yourself!
romper¡no levantes eso que te vas a herniar!Example sentences
- A burst tire is believed to have ruptured a fuel tank, causing the fiery crash.
- And, as if the moment couldn't turn any more unfortunate, one of these shadow spikes struck the car's fuel tank, rupturing it and causing the yellow cab to explode into shrapnel and into flames.
- In the Oct 26 crash, a dozen cars derailed, rupturing a fuel tank and spilling 4,300 gallons of diesel onto the bank and into Cow Creek about 17 miles west of Riddle.
- An estimated 2,000 fans cheered the Shrimps onto the Division One club's pitch - but it took just two minutes for reality to rupture the excitement.
- Labor's record in power has forever ruptured the close allegiance that millions of workers once had with the party.
- The role of Italy in Panofsky's account of Durer's work both ruptures the alleged continuity of the German national spirit and symbolizes the enlightened tradition of humanist rationality.
- Then at 31 weeks into her seventh pregnancy (already complicated by placenta praevia) her membranes ruptured and premature labour ensued.
- Swabbing a specimen should only be performed if the tympanic membrane has ruptured.
- The mitochondria gradually swells, and eventually the outer membrane ruptures, releasing caspase-activating proteins into the cytosol. [10,32]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.