Translation of sacred in Spanish:
- 1.1 (blessed, holy)(ground/site/animal)to swear by all that's sacredsacredjurar por lo más sagrado
tosomebody/somethinga temple sacred to Apolloconsagrado aalguien/algosacred to the memory of …un templo consagrado a Apolois nothing sacred any more?consagrado or dedicado a la memoria de …¿ya no se respeta nada?Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (with religious subject)
- It is a work dedicated essentially to the greatness of the god Viu and is, therefore, particularly sacred to Vaiavas, worshippers of Viu.
- Indeed, every cooking bowl in Jerusalem and throughout Judah would be sacred to God.
- We mark that this day was sacred to the goddess Venus, to whom the Phoenicians consecrated the fish.
- Cows are regarded as sacred animals in my religion.
- Everyone should respect whatever is held sacred by any other individual.
- A rare ritual burial of four horses has been discovered in an area experts regard as a sacred landscape surrounding one of the most important prehistoric sites in the North of England.
- Music, sacred or secular, was one of his greatest pleasures.
- The choir's repertoire includes sacred and secular music ranging from the 16th century to the present day and in a wide range of musical styles and languages.
- The special advent choral concert will be conducted by Peter Frost and includes sacred and secular music from early and modern composers.
- States have constitutions, political parties their manifestos and religions have sacred texts to guide their policies and action from time to time.
- I'm absolutely sure about that and it's in all the literature in the ancient, sacred writings of all religions.
- For instance, the sacred texts of many religions offer compelling narratives which, at their best, can promote ethical reflection and a sense of shared experience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.