- 1 (Botany, Cookery)Example sentences
- Other culinary herbs, like sage, rosemary and thyme, are native to Mediterranean regions where the air is rather temperate and dry.
- The best culinary sage is native to southern Europe.
- Mediterranean herbs such as sage (salvia officianalis) are hardy and tasty plants.
- In our southern California garden Mexican sage thrives so well that we bind it with twine so it grows up where the hummingbirds get to it easier.
- Wood sage will do well in full sun or light shade.
- Attract hummingbirds by planting Mexican bush sage, pineapple sage, and beebalm.
- This area is lightly vegetated with juniper, pine, sage, and grasses.
- Cleveland and white sage, creosote bush and brittlebush, pine and redwood, for instance, are filled with resins and release their scents on warm afternoons.
- (wise man)Example sentences
- Sen Tetsu So Dan: the first two characters mean a great thinker, a wise man, a sage in ancient times, while the third means a group, or a collection.
- As a young materialist it mattered to me that we too have our ancient texts, our saints and sages, wise men and good news.
- Well, many sages and wise men over the years have recommended the mountain top.
adjective sager, sagest
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.