- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act of selling) venta (feminine) 1.2 countable/numerable (individual transaction) venta (feminine) to make a sale vender algo I haven't had a single sale this morning no he vendido absolutamente nada esta mañana all sales final (American English/inglés norteamericano) no se aceptan devolucionesMore example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (demand, market) there's no sale for that kind of thing here ese tipo de cosa aquí no tiene salida or no se vende bien 1.4 countable/numerable (auction) subasta (f), remate (m) (Latin America/América Latina)
More example sentences
- Some money from every sale goes towards the efforts of the Band Aid Trust in Africa.
- Money from each book sale will go to the Alice Rose Trust which supports sick children.
- Privatization without flotation on the stock market means either a management buy-out or sale by tender.
- She regularly holds sales and other fundraising events and has raised thousands of pounds.
- Half of the total has been collected from auctions, sales, coffee mornings and other events at the church in Otley Road.
- The next fundraising event is an indoor sale to be held at Melksham Labour Club on February 22.
- 2 (in phrases/en locuciones) for sale for sale se vende that vase is not for sale ese jarrón no está en venta or no se vende to put sth up for sale poner* algo en venta or a la venta on sale (American English/inglés norteamericano) (at reduced price) toys are on sale this week esta semana los juguetes están rebajados or en liquidación I bought the dress on sale compré el vestido rebajado on sale for $25, reduced from $45 rebajado de 45 a 25 dólares (British English/inglés británico) (offered for sale) antique dolls will be on sale se venderán muñecas antiguas on sale now at leading stores ya está a la venta en los principales comercios the collection goes on sale next month (at auction) la colección se subastará or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) se rematará el mes que viene the new model goes on sale this week el nuevo modelo sale a la venta esta semana (on) sale or return (British English/inglés británico) en depósito, en consignación the goods are supplied (on) sale or return entregan las mercancías en depósito or en consignación
- 3 (clearance) rebajas (fpl), liquidación (f) end of season sale rebajas or liquidación de fin de temporada going-out-of-business o (British English/inglés británico) closing-down sale rebajas por liquidación del negocio, liquidación por cierre I bought it at a sale o in the sales lo compré en una liquidación or en las rebajas (before noun/delante del nombre) [price] de liquidación sale items o goods artículos (masculine plural) de liquidaciónMore example sentences
- The average price recorded from the time the sales started in the period under review was $1.89 per kilogramme.
- Then (this is one from earlier today) I might be asked to choose a date for a chain of shops to start their sales.
- There are long, lingering closing down sales at the two rental shops nearest to my flat, and the local Blockbuster is emptier every time I go there.
- 4(sales)4.1plural (volume sold) (sometimes singular/a veces en singular) (volumen (m) de) ventas (fpl); (before noun/delante del nombre) [figures/promotion/campaign] de ventas sales forecast previsión (feminine) de ventas 4.2 (department) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) ventas (followed by singular verb/seguido por verbo en singular) she works in sales trabaja en ventas (before noun/delante del nombre) [department/manager/executive] de ventas the sales force el personal de ventas, los vendedores sales prospect candidato, (m,f), posible cliente, (m,f) sales target objetivo (masculine) de ventasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- We play but a support role in the most important aspect of the promotional products business: sales.
- Each of these groups has its own business manager, sales manager and product development manager.
- The retail sales report can be compared to the sales activity of a publicly traded company.
- The overall annual quantity of our beef sales to Egypt when translated into live cattle equivalent amounts to 450,000 animals.
- But when prices fall, sales generally increase, offsetting some of the decrease in revenue.
- The fear is that corporate profits have been boosted by cost cutting, not increased sales and prices from a revival of the economy.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.