Translation of sale in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act of selling)Example sentences1.2 countable (individual transaction) to make a sale
vender algoI haven't had a single sale this morningno he vendido absolutamente nada esta mañanaall sales final (American English)no se aceptan devoluciones1.3 uncountable (demand, market) there's no sale for that kind of thing hereese tipo de cosa aquí no tiene salida or no se vende bien1.4 countable (auction)Example sentences
- Some money from every sale goes towards the efforts of the Band Aid Trust in Africa.
- Money from each book sale will go to the Alice Rose Trust which supports sick children.
- Privatization without flotation on the stock market means either a management buy-out or sale by tender.
- She regularly holds sales and other fundraising events and has raised thousands of pounds.
- Half of the total has been collected from auctions, sales, coffee mornings and other events at the church in Otley Road.
- The next fundraising event is an indoor sale to be held at Melksham Labour Club on February 22.
- 2 (in phrases) for salefor sale that vase is not for saleese jarrón no está en venta or no se vendeto put something up for saleponer algo en venta or a la ventaon sale (American English) (at reduced price)toys are on sale this weekesta semana los juguetes están rebajados or en liquidaciónI bought the dress on salecompré el vestido rebajadoon sale for $25, reduced from $45rebajado de 45 a 25 dólares(British English) (offered for sale)antique dolls will be on salese venderán muñecas antiguason sale now at leading storesya está a la venta en los principales comerciosthe collection goes on sale next month (at auction)la colección se subastará or (Latin America tb) se rematará el mes que vienethe new model goes on sale this weekel nuevo modelo sale a la venta esta semana(on) sale or return (British English)en depósitothe goods are supplied (on) sale or return
en consignaciónentregan las mercancías en depósito or en consignación
- 3 (clearance)rebajas (feminine plural)end of season sale
liquidación (feminine)rebajas or liquidación de fin de temporadagoing-out-of-business o (British English) closing-down salerebajas por liquidación del negocioI bought it at a sale o in the sales
liquidación por cierrelo compré en una liquidación or en las rebajas(before noun) (price)sale items o goods
de liquidaciónartículos (masculine plural) de liquidaciónExample sentences
- The average price recorded from the time the sales started in the period under review was $1.89 per kilogramme.
- Then (this is one from earlier today) I might be asked to choose a date for a chain of shops to start their sales.
- There are long, lingering closing down sales at the two rental shops nearest to my flat, and the local Blockbuster is emptier every time I go there.
- 4also: sales plural4.1 (volume sold)(volumen (masculine) de) ventas (feminine plural)(before noun) (figures/promotion/campaign)sales forecast
de ventasprevisión (feminine) de ventasExample sentences4.2 (department) (+ singular or plural verb)
ventas followed by singular verbshe works in sales(before noun) (department/manager/executive)the sales force
- The overall annual quantity of our beef sales to Egypt when translated into live cattle equivalent amounts to 450,000 animals.
- But when prices fall, sales generally increase, offsetting some of the decrease in revenue.
- The fear is that corporate profits have been boosted by cost cutting, not increased sales and prices from a revival of the economy.
de ventasel personal de ventassales prospect
los vendedorescandidato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)sales target
posible cliente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- We play but a support role in the most important aspect of the promotional products business: sales.
- Each of these groups has its own business manager, sales manager and product development manager.
- The retail sales report can be compared to the sales activity of a publicly traded company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.