Translation of salute in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (gesture) saludo (masculine), venia (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) to take the salute (on dais) presidir el desfile 1.2 countable/numerable (firing of guns) salva (feminine) a 21-gun salute una salva de 21 cañonazosExample sentences1.3 (tribute) (no plural/sin plural) homenaje (masculine), reconocimiento (masculine)
- Excitement still pervaded the air, which hummed with voices and the crackle and pop of logs in the fire like a twenty-one gun salute.
- She received a 21-gun salute during the welcoming ceremony at Merdeka Palace.
- Hu, who released a short statement outlining the goals of his visit, was given a 21-gun salute as part of an official welcoming ceremony, she said.
- I lifted my glass in salute to all my American friends, enjoying the big Thanksgiving meal, and thought with only a tinge of envy of the delights of roast turkey with all the trimmings.
- In a final mark of respect, a rescue helicopter circled low over the bay, dropped a wreath into the sea, and dipped its nose in salute to those on the headland.
- When the jet reached Manchester Airport, the aircraft's wings were tipped in salute to its new home before circling and touching down.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a