Translation of salute in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (gesture) saludo (masculine), venia (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) to take the salute (on dais) presidir el desfile 1.2 countable/numerable (firing of guns) salva (feminine) a 21-gun salute una salva de 21 cañonazosExample sentences1.3 (tribute) (no plural/sin plural) homenaje (masculine), reconocimiento (masculine)
- Excitement still pervaded the air, which hummed with voices and the crackle and pop of logs in the fire like a twenty-one gun salute.
- She received a 21-gun salute during the welcoming ceremony at Merdeka Palace.
- Hu, who released a short statement outlining the goals of his visit, was given a 21-gun salute as part of an official welcoming ceremony, she said.
- I lifted my glass in salute to all my American friends, enjoying the big Thanksgiving meal, and thought with only a tinge of envy of the delights of roast turkey with all the trimmings.
- In a final mark of respect, a rescue helicopter circled low over the bay, dropped a wreath into the sea, and dipped its nose in salute to those on the headland.
- When the jet reached Manchester Airport, the aircraft's wings were tipped in salute to its new home before circling and touching down.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...