Translation of salvation in Spanish:
- 1.1 (deliverance) salvación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (person, thing) salvación (feminine) she has been his salvation ella ha sido su salvación
- Can we somehow get ourselves to consume our way to economic salvation?
- The more entrepreneurial found economic salvation in self-employment.
- What a disappointment for those who pin their hopes for political salvation on economic failure!
- Luckily, a phone call to Tim's sister proved to be our salvation.
- Again, he points to the mobile phone as his salvation.
- I was horrible at math - failing math all the time. My only salvation and my only release to feel good about myself was art.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.