- 1.1 (specimen) muestra (feminine) a blood/urine sample [Medicine/Medicina] una muestra de sangre/orina a rock/soil sample [Geology/Geología] una muestra de roca/suelo (before noun/delante del nombre) sample question/paper pregunta (f)/examen (m) tipo we looked at a few sample cases estudiamos algunos casos muestralesMore example sentences1.2 [Business/Comercio] muestra (feminine) a free/factory sample una muestra gratuita or gratis/de fábrica (before noun/delante del nombre) [goods] de muestra sample case/book muestrario (masculine) sample pack paquete (masculine) de muestras
More example sentences1.3 (for statistics) muestra (feminine) a representative sample una muestra representativa we took a random sample hicimos un muestreo aleatorio (before noun/delante del nombre) in 16 sample libraries en 16 bibliotecas tomadas como muestra
- If your doctor thinks you have a bladder infection, he or she will test a sample of your urine to find out if there are bacteria in it.
- Laboratory workers unaware of the disease status of the participants analysed blood samples for C pneumoniae using whole organism antigen and time resolved fluorimetry.
- The cross sections of the samples are analyzed, and the pigments are identified under a polarizing or scanning electron microscope.
More example sentences
- These representatives of companies travelled round the country displaying samples to prospective customers and taking orders.
- In a now-famous experiment, recounted in Schwartz's book, researchers set up a table at a specialty food store, offering samples of jam.
- A battle is raging for the hearts and wallets of new mothers as two companies compete to distribute free samples of baby products in the country's biggest hospitals.
- To study a distribution, take random samples from a population and analyze them.
- Fifteen studies examined total populations or random samples of such populations.
- Five trials either did not report a clear calculation of sample size or failed to achieve the intended sample size.
- [food] degustar, gustar, probar* sample the delights of traditional Greek hospitality descubra las delicias de la tradicional hospitalidad griegaMore example sentences
- The Food Fight offers a chance to sample food and drink prepared by more than 45 restaurants and beverage suppliers.
- If you have room left over for dessert, you can sample the Honey Cake, which comes with fresh strawberries.
- Of course we found an Irish pub before leaving and we sampled the food and drink on our last night after a hard week's work.