Translation of sanction in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (authorization) the article was copied without the author's sanctioncopiaron el artículo sin la autorización del autorExample sentences
- It should be noted that neither Students for Life nor Muslim Students for Universal Justice, have, to my knowledge, demanded approval or official sanction for their principles.
- Her mother had sought court sanction for the operation to stop her daughter's periods and prevent her from getting pregnant.
- They have urged Laois County Council to seek the immediate sanction of the National Roads Authority for the re-commencement of road words at Park, Stradbally.
- 2 countablealso: sanctions plural2.1 (coercive measures)to impose sanctions against somebodysanciones (feminine plural)economic/military sanctionsimponer sanciones contra alguien2.2 (penalty)sanciones económicas/militaresExample sentences2.3 (restraint)
- It is a way of recovering penalties by a sanction which is the most serious one known to our law.
- A further argument is that if he renounces before the harm is caused, this may show that the threat of the criminal sanction has had a deterrent effect.
- Both bars have also developed a set of sanctions for patrons who disobey the rules.
- The question arises whether the problem can be addressed indirectly through trade sanctions or restrictions to punish countries that refuse to improve environmental standards.
- Legislation permitted magistrates to enforce employment agreements with penal sanctions in the form of imprisonment, fines, and physical punishment.
- Imposing trade sanctions, although officials admit that Iran-Canada trade may not be extensive enough to serve as much of a lever.
- Example sentences
- Under his draft guidelines, schemes would be officially sanctioned.
- Training will commence just as soon as the GAA Club has sanctioned permission, as the Ladies Club will need to use this pitch.
- It must be noted that these drugs have been sanctioned and approved by the Food and Drugs Administration of the US.
- As a result, more and more medical societies have begun to sanction members with penalties like suspension or revocation of their society membership.
- And right now that means confronting and sanctioning an out of control Israel.
- Moreover, the actions of individuals who repeat rather than question, watch out for, punish, and sanction transgressions, lend these norms their strength.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to