Translation of sanctity in Spanish:
- 1.1 (inviolability) the sanctity of marriagela inviolabilidad or lo sagrado del vínculo matrimonialExample sentences1.2 (holiness)
- The sanctity of human life has been sidelined as an irrelevance in the Republic as blindly as in any paramilitary murder in the North.
- The sanctity of human life is the closest thing our culture has to a basic value.
- But they all share the Chancellor's belief in the sanctity of work and importance of rewarding those who toil.
- He extolled the virtues of Aranda belief, and disdained the modern world that had replaced traditional sanctities.
- ‘What is going on in Najaf and the rest of the Iraqi cities is a violation of sanctities, an aggression on holy sites and shedding of innocent blood that could lead to a vicious civil war,’ he said.
- Among the very oldest sanctities are the human rites of compulsion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.