- 1.1 u arena (f) sand-colored color arenaMore example sentences1.2 c (expanse of sand) (often pl) arena (f) the burning sands of the desert las ardientes arenas del desierto to build on sand hacer* castillos de arena to run into the sand(s) estancarse* the talks ran into the sand(s) las conversaciones se estancaron the sands are running out for him tiene los días contados
More example sentences
- The work could be viewed both from boats cruising the bay and from a deserted beach lined with sand dunes.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Promenade along Atlantic Boulevard provides scenic and easy access to miles of golden sand beaches.
- A perfect view of the ocean stretched out before her, the waves rolling slowly towards the rock and sand of the beach.
- Exactly one month later, the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the £1 million terminal and flew the Swift across the Goodwin Sands himself.
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.
sand (down)(make smooth) [wood/furniture] lijar; [floor] pulirMore example sentences
- If the rust refuses to budge, use a #800 sand paper to sand the metal and repaint.
- Some log furniture is sanded smooth, some are skipped peeled, some have the bark on and some are completely peeled.
- After peeling the bark, the knots where the branches were need to be sanded to a very smooth finish.