Translation of saturate in Spanish:
- 1 (drench)(cloth)(person)
empapar[colloquial]we were saturated
empaparnos empapamosthe downpour had saturated the playing fieldel aguacero había encharcado el terreno de juegoshe had saturated herself in perfumese había bañado en perfume [colloquial]Example sentences
- She grabbed a towel by the sink and turned on the cold water, saturating the towel thoroughly.
- As the frigid water saturates his jacket and pants, his first instinct is to let out a loud gasp.
- When using a spray hose, spray low and hold it closely against your pet's coat so water saturates the coat and skin.
- 2 (fill)(market/mind/place)
- Gran opens one of the containers and immediately the dog's nostrils are saturated with a powerful chemical smell.
- After 45 solid minutes I was totally saturated with information and all sorts of flashing images.
- Recently, the popular music sector was saturated with boy bands, girl groups and choreographed vocalists in the wake of the fall of grunge.
- It's the nature of business to take a profitable idea and exploit it until the market is utterly saturated with similar product and demand dries up as a result.
- With 508 stores in the U.S. and 114 in Canada, the company is perilously close to saturating the market.
- For instance, the company built on its early success by saturating a local market with multiple locations.
- 3 3.1 (Chemistry, Physics) 3.2also: saturated past participle(solution/acid/fats)
- Eventually, the surface of the activated charcoal will be saturated with absorbed pollutants and no further purification will occur.
- The liqueur is saturated with sugar, so I expected the viscosity to be high, but it also contains 43% alcohol.
- To be fully active, osteocalcin must be saturated with carboxyl groups, and that's vitamin K's job.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.