Translation of saturation in Spanish:
- 1 [Business/Comercio] [Marketing/Márketing] saturación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) [coverage/publicity] [Journalism/Periodismo] [Marketing/Márketing] exhaustivoExample sentences
- This must be in part the result of the saturation coverage of the war in the media.
- One effortlessly got saturation coverage, the other struggled to get noticed, despite the mandatory presence of a celebrity, a suitably weighty one too.
- Does saturation coverage of a few items, to the exclusion of other important happenings in the wider world, say something about their priorities or does it reflect a none-too-flattering judgment of us, their audience?
- 2 [Chemistry/Química] [Physics/Física] saturación (feminine)Example sentences
- His oxygen saturation was 98 per-cent as measured by pulse oximetry, and his peak flows were only mildly reduced from his baseline.
- To further confuse the presentation, serum iron levels and the percentage of iron saturation are often low, apparently because of negative acute-phase reactions.
- His initial oxygen saturation was 70 percent on room air and improved to 86 percent on three liters of oxygen via nasal cannula during ambulance transfer.
- 3 (soaking) [formal] inmersión (feminine), remojo (masculine)Example sentences
- Over time, the rate of adoption of the innovation increases, until the process gets closer to saturation, when the rate again slows down.
- This decrease is largely because of a saturation of the market and problems in the planning process due to understaffing and limits of only two years on planning permission, according to the report.
- Systematic studies of the prevalence of sexually explicit materials appear at first glance to to verify views about the saturation of western society with violent pornography.
- 4 (intensity of color) saturación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) saturation control [Television/Televisión] control (masculine) de saturaciónExample sentences
- Heat-bodying will also effect some enhancement in transparency of the medium and lower the tendency for specular scatter at the pigment/medium interface, augmenting the degree of colour saturation attainable.
- The majority of options can be automated and the user has manual control over all aspects of photography - from the 7x optical zoom to colour saturation and focus.
- It is important to remember that there are two ways to change colour saturation or tonal density.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to