- 1 [Busn] [Marketing] saturación (f) (before n) [coverage/publicity] [Journ] [Marketing] exhaustivo (before n) saturation bombing bombardeo (m) por or de saturación saturation point punto (m) de saturaciónMore example sentences
- This must be in part the result of the saturation coverage of the war in the media.
- One effortlessly got saturation coverage, the other struggled to get noticed, despite the mandatory presence of a celebrity, a suitably weighty one too.
- Does saturation coverage of a few items, to the exclusion of other important happenings in the wider world, say something about their priorities or does it reflect a none-too-flattering judgment of us, their audience?
- 2 [Chem] [Phys] saturación (f)More example sentences
- His oxygen saturation was 98 per-cent as measured by pulse oximetry, and his peak flows were only mildly reduced from his baseline.
- To further confuse the presentation, serum iron levels and the percentage of iron saturation are often low, apparently because of negative acute-phase reactions.
- His initial oxygen saturation was 70 percent on room air and improved to 86 percent on three liters of oxygen via nasal cannula during ambulance transfer.
- 3 (soaking) [formal] inmersión (f), remojo (m)More example sentences
- Over time, the rate of adoption of the innovation increases, until the process gets closer to saturation, when the rate again slows down.
- This decrease is largely because of a saturation of the market and problems in the planning process due to understaffing and limits of only two years on planning permission, according to the report.
- Systematic studies of the prevalence of sexually explicit materials appear at first glance to to verify views about the saturation of western society with violent pornography.
- 4 [Opt] [Phot] saturación (f) (before n) saturation control [TV] control (m) de saturaciónMore example sentences
- Heat-bodying will also effect some enhancement in transparency of the medium and lower the tendency for specular scatter at the pigment/medium interface, augmenting the degree of colour saturation attainable.
- The majority of options can be automated and the user has manual control over all aspects of photography - from the 7x optical zoom to colour saturation and focus.
- It is important to remember that there are two ways to change colour saturation or tonal density.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...