- 1 [Business/Comercio] [Marketing/Márketing] saturación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) [coverage/publicity] [Journalism/Periodismo] [Marketing/Márketing] exhaustivo (before noun/delante del nombre) saturation bombing bombardeo (masculine) por or de saturación saturation point punto (masculine) de saturaciónMore example sentences
- This must be in part the result of the saturation coverage of the war in the media.
- One effortlessly got saturation coverage, the other struggled to get noticed, despite the mandatory presence of a celebrity, a suitably weighty one too.
- Does saturation coverage of a few items, to the exclusion of other important happenings in the wider world, say something about their priorities or does it reflect a none-too-flattering judgment of us, their audience?
- 2 [Chemistry/Química] [Physics/Física] saturación (feminine)More example sentences
- His oxygen saturation was 98 per-cent as measured by pulse oximetry, and his peak flows were only mildly reduced from his baseline.
- To further confuse the presentation, serum iron levels and the percentage of iron saturation are often low, apparently because of negative acute-phase reactions.
- His initial oxygen saturation was 70 percent on room air and improved to 86 percent on three liters of oxygen via nasal cannula during ambulance transfer.
- 3 (soaking) [formal] inmersión (feminine), remojo (masculine)More example sentences
- Over time, the rate of adoption of the innovation increases, until the process gets closer to saturation, when the rate again slows down.
- This decrease is largely because of a saturation of the market and problems in the planning process due to understaffing and limits of only two years on planning permission, according to the report.
- Systematic studies of the prevalence of sexually explicit materials appear at first glance to to verify views about the saturation of western society with violent pornography.
- 4 [Optics/Óptica] [Photography/Fotografía] saturación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) saturation control [Television/Televisión] control (masculine) de saturaciónMore example sentences
- Heat-bodying will also effect some enhancement in transparency of the medium and lower the tendency for specular scatter at the pigment/medium interface, augmenting the degree of colour saturation attainable.
- The majority of options can be automated and the user has manual control over all aspects of photography - from the 7x optical zoom to colour saturation and focus.
- It is important to remember that there are two ways to change colour saturation or tonal density.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.