- 1.1 [Myth] sátiro (m)More example sentences1.2 (lecher) [liter or hum] sátiro (m)
More example sentences
- One side depicts Herakles, clad in spotted tunic with dagger drawn, about to slay the Nemean lion; the other, Dionysus and two nude satyrs.
- He relates how a satyr found pipes discarded by their inventor, Minerva (the goddess Athena in Greek mythology), how the satyr challenged Apollo, and how he was punished as a result.
- As befits the son of a satyr, Midas was a king who loved the pleasures of this world.
- Five years of sexual relations with this satyr of a King were all that she could manage, given what she called her ‘cold temperament’ and her numerous health complications.
- Unfortunately, Sutherland plays a pony-tailed satyr of only limited charm, and Garner, who is a fine comic actor, is never really put to work.
- Her confrontation of the insatiable satyr while he has his hand up another honey's haunches is the sole moment of real emotion in what is otherwise a movie of surfaces.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.