Translation of scallop in Spanish:
- 1 (shellfish) vieira (feminine), ostión (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) , callo (masculine) de hacha (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- Remove the scallops from their shells by gently scraping and prising them away with a blunt knife, leaving on the roe (alternatively, ask your fishmonger to do this for you).
- Remove the scallops from their shells and discard the ‘skirts’, leaving only the white meat and orange roe.
- For the scallops: remove from shell, clean and cut in half lengthways.
- 2 (curve) festón (masculine)Example sentences
- European axes at the most might have wide scallops filed on the edge of the blade plate on the inside or bottom of the beard, and that is not common.
- Place the scallop pattern along the foldline and transfer the scallops to the fabric.
- A white drawing on black paper depicts from various angles a school of the menacing fairy-tale creatures, variously ornamented with stripes, scallops and spikes.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.