Translation of scallop in Spanish:
- 1 (shellfish) vieira (feminine), ostión (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) , callo (masculine) de hacha (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- Remove the scallops from their shells by gently scraping and prising them away with a blunt knife, leaving on the roe (alternatively, ask your fishmonger to do this for you).
- Remove the scallops from their shells and discard the ‘skirts’, leaving only the white meat and orange roe.
- For the scallops: remove from shell, clean and cut in half lengthways.
- 2 (curve) festón (masculine)Example sentences
- European axes at the most might have wide scallops filed on the edge of the blade plate on the inside or bottom of the beard, and that is not common.
- Place the scallop pattern along the foldline and transfer the scallops to the fabric.
- A white drawing on black paper depicts from various angles a school of the menacing fairy-tale creatures, variously ornamented with stripes, scallops and spikes.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.