- 1 (shellfish) vieira (f), ostión (m) (CS) , callo (m) de hacha (Méx) (before n) scallop shell concha (f) de vieira or (CS) de ostión or (Méx) de callo de hacha, venera (f)More example sentences
- Remove the scallops from their shells by gently scraping and prising them away with a blunt knife, leaving on the roe (alternatively, ask your fishmonger to do this for you).
- Remove the scallops from their shells and discard the ‘skirts’, leaving only the white meat and orange roe.
- For the scallops: remove from shell, clean and cut in half lengthways.
- 2 (curve) festón (m)More example sentences
- European axes at the most might have wide scallops filed on the edge of the blade plate on the inside or bottom of the beard, and that is not common.
- Place the scallop pattern along the foldline and transfer the scallops to the fabric.
- A white drawing on black paper depicts from various angles a school of the menacing fairy-tale creatures, variously ornamented with stripes, scallops and spikes.
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.