Translation of scalp in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cuero (masculine) cabelludoExample sentences1.2 (as trophy) cabellera (feminine) to be after sb's scalp ir* por or (in Spain also/en España también) a por algn
- Sometimes, this fungus can cause our scalps to shed skin cells too quickly.
- Medically speaking, it is a condition where the skin cells on the scalp go into over drive and are produced in excess, which gives rise to irritation and itching.
- Dandruff is characterised by small, loose flakes of dead skin on the scalp or trapped in the hair.
- Young Pawnee warriors proudly stole horses and scalps from their enemies, the Sioux.
- The differences between what happened at Fort William Henry and at Niagara need not be seen as evolutionary; the aftermath of battle had yielded many scalps and prisoners for the Iroquois at Niagara.
- After the Indians killed soldiers, they would take their scalps as trophies.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] [tickets/stocks/securities] revender ([ a precio inflado ])
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas