- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cuero (masculine) cabelludoMore example sentences1.2 (as trophy) cabellera (feminine) to be after sb's scalp ir* por or (in Spain also/en España también) a por algn
More example sentences
- Sometimes, this fungus can cause our scalps to shed skin cells too quickly.
- Medically speaking, it is a condition where the skin cells on the scalp go into over drive and are produced in excess, which gives rise to irritation and itching.
- Dandruff is characterised by small, loose flakes of dead skin on the scalp or trapped in the hair.
- Young Pawnee warriors proudly stole horses and scalps from their enemies, the Sioux.
- The differences between what happened at Fort William Henry and at Niagara need not be seen as evolutionary; the aftermath of battle had yielded many scalps and prisoners for the Iroquois at Niagara.
- After the Indians killed soldiers, they would take their scalps as trophies.
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.
- 1 [person] to scalp sb arrancarle* la cabellera a algn I'll scalp him! ¡lo voy a matar!More example sentences
- This squares with the team song, which goes on about scalping the enemy and other warrior skills, befitting for a game of violence, which football clearly is (I speak as a fan).
- Historians Hippocrates and Herodotus thought that the Amazons had to fight until they had scalped three enemies before they were permitted to mate.
- Where almost all the bodies of the Cavalry soldiers had been scalped the bodies of Keogh and Custer were not harmed apart from their battle wounds.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] [tickets/stocks/securities] revender (a precio inflado)More example sentences
More example sentences
- I would like feedback on this new project I'm working on though, without posting it preferably, because I have a feeling I'd be scalped for starting something new when I'm working on this.
- He carefully moved aside papers; he knew if he messed up his mother's work she'd scalp him.
- Last spring, fans scalped tickets at Boston-New York spring training games!
- Bobby began his working life scalping tickets to Boston Celtics games and ended up buying the hallowed parquet floor of the Boston Garden before it was torn down.
- Tickets were being scalped for $200, and commemorative pins were sold to mark the occasion.