Translation of scan in Spanish:
transitive verb -nn-
- 1 (person) 1.1 (examine)(report/paper)he scanned the crowd looking for herleer rápidamenteecharle un vistazo athe officers scanned the faces of the passengersla buscó con la mirada entre la gentelos agentes estudiaban los rostros de los pasajerosExample sentences1.2 (glance over)
(noticeboard/newspaper)recorrer con la vistaExample sentences
- Octavia watched carefully as Gia scanned the room searching for the source of the problem.
- She carefully scanned the area, searching for anything resembling a ventilation shaft.
- His stare was more focused and he scanned the room carefully.
- Growling irritably to himself, he quickly scanned through a few pages of the history tomes and documents but they proved to be dry streams.
- Claudia slipped the order from his hand and unrolled it, her eyes scanning the document quickly.
- Ever get to a Web page that has a lot of text on it, and quickly scanning the page doesn't immediately produce what you're looking for?
- 2 2.1 (Medicine)(body/brain)hacer un escáner or scanner de(with ultrasound scanner)hacer una ecografía de(radar/sonar)2.2 (Literat)escandirExample sentences
Example sentences2.3 (Computing)
- By the end of the term, several students still could not scan a basic line or write in metre.
- I thought it a bit pompous, myself, and the third verse doesn't scan at all, but it's not so bad a song as all that.
- Whatever you tried to do, there was a bar that didn't scan, a couplet that you just couldn't find a rhyme for.
- If a collection of phrases, no matter how beautiful and profound, do not rhyme or scan, then what apart from their layout on the page distinguishes them from prose?
- The documents were eventually scanned into a computer for cross-referencing.
- The drawing is scanned into a computer in order to digitise the data contained in the drawing.
- At Yumeta, pencil sketches are scanned into a computer, then a technician adds color digitally.
- Desktops and other immediately visible surfaces were scanned for errant spoons.
- Another one said, ‘We can scan the body completely and find moles that may not be visible to the naked eye.’
- The stand-alone equipment is much like a metal detector in an airport: it scans the entire body.
- 2 (Astronomy, Computing, Military)Example sentences
- If it is not robust, then any observed correlation with apparent abnormal brain scans is medically meaningless.
- He had seen his family doctor, osteopaths, orthopaedic surgeons, and physiotherapists, had many scans, tried many medications, collars, and even considered suicide.
- Films that were not interpreted by emergency physicians, such as specialised scans, ultrasound scans, and intravenous pyelogram studies, were not included in the data.
- According to Dennis Elliott, marketing director at Kolibri Art Studio, a technician first makes a digital scan of the image to be reproduced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.