Translation of scare in Spanish:
- (person/animal)I wasn't the least bit scared by it
asustarno me asustó nadayou scared me!
no me dio nada de miedo¡qué susto me diste!Example sentences
- A brave businesswoman who is scared stiff of sharks is set to take the charity plunge into a tank full of the fearsome fish.
- Some are scared stiff of losing their work, others are pressured by family members not to complain.
- But the upper class is scared stiff of his rise, and plots to foil his attempts through fraud.
- 1 (fright, shock) to give somebody a scaredarle un susto a alguienyou gave me the scare of my life!¡me diste un susto de padre y señor mío!Example sentences
- Megan immediately halted and leaned on the pole tip for support, gulping in air after the sudden scare.
- Ivory's head snapped up to look him straight in the eyes, her face now a pale sheet of white from the sudden scare.
- Which reminds me to mention a word of caution when managing cows around calving time, there is nothing like a good scare to make one realise the dangers of attack.
- 2 (panic) (Journalism)the AIDS scare spread very rapidlyel pánico del sida cundió muy rápidamente(before noun) scare campaign don't try and use scare tactics on usno intenten infundirnos or [colloquial] meternos miedoExample sentences
- Nearly every year a frost scare occurs in the grain market.
- Recent food scares have made the public sensitive to new, apparently untested technologies.
- Three years later, in 1957, America went through one of its biggest nuclear scares.
- these problems have scared away o off the tourists
- [colloquial] (improvise)
estos problemas han ahuyentado a los turistashe puts on this manner to scare people off
actúa así para que la gente no se le acerque or para asustar a la gente
(get) conseguirwe can scare something up for supper
podemos improvisar algo para la cenaMom scared up some costumes from the attic
mamá se agenció algunos disfraces en el desván [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.