Translation of scare in Spanish:
- (person/animal)I wasn't the least bit scared by it
asustarno me asustó nadayou scared me!
no me dio nada de miedo¡qué susto me diste!Example sentences
- A brave businesswoman who is scared stiff of sharks is set to take the charity plunge into a tank full of the fearsome fish.
- Some are scared stiff of losing their work, others are pressured by family members not to complain.
- But the upper class is scared stiff of his rise, and plots to foil his attempts through fraud.
- 1.1 (fright, shock) to give somebody a scaredarle un susto a alguienyou gave me the scare of my life!¡me diste un susto de padre y señor mío!Example sentences1.2 (panic) (Journalism)the AIDS scare spread very rapidly
el pánico del sida cundió muy rápidamente(before noun) scare campaign don't try and use scare tactics on usno intenten infundirnos or [colloquial] meternos miedoExample sentences
- Megan immediately halted and leaned on the pole tip for support, gulping in air after the sudden scare.
- Ivory's head snapped up to look him straight in the eyes, her face now a pale sheet of white from the sudden scare.
- Which reminds me to mention a word of caution when managing cows around calving time, there is nothing like a good scare to make one realise the dangers of attack.
- Nearly every year a frost scare occurs in the grain market.
- Recent food scares have made the public sensitive to new, apparently untested technologies.
- Three years later, in 1957, America went through one of its biggest nuclear scares.
- these problems have scared away o off the tourists
- [colloquial] (improvise)
estos problemas han ahuyentado a los turistashe puts on this manner to scare people off
actúa así para que la gente no se le acerque or para asustar a la gente
(get) conseguirwe can scare something up for supper
podemos improvisar algo para la cenaMom scared up some costumes from the attic
mamá se agenció algunos disfraces en el desván [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.