- 1 [Naut] goleta (f)More example sentences
- The glimmering vessel was a great schooner, with multiple masts on top and impressive quarters inside.
- The visit of the barques, brigantines and schooners also seemed to drive off some of the tourism malaise created by a July shrouded in fog, damp and rain.
- A lone sailboat, a single schooner, a solitary steamship might not have much impact in an eclectic gallery.
- 2 2.1 (glass for beer) (AmE) jarra (f) or bock (m) or (Méx) tarro (m) de cerveza 2.2 (glass for sherry) (BrE) copa (f) de jerezMore example sentences
More example sentences
- They'd rather drink a schooner of fortified wine than be seen with a glass of something pink.
- The branders and marketeers would like to bypass the image of refined sherry drinkers taking their apéritif from miniature schooners with the little finger slightly adrift of the glass.
- Painted on it was a red demon holding a schooner of beer.
- Most have done more physical damage to themselves in endless schooners.
- He received a fitting farewell in front of his home crowd before enjoying a celebratory schooner in the family pub in Sydney's inner-west.