Translation of schooner in Spanish:
- 1 [Nautical/Náutica] goleta (feminine)Example sentences
- The glimmering vessel was a great schooner, with multiple masts on top and impressive quarters inside.
- The visit of the barques, brigantines and schooners also seemed to drive off some of the tourism malaise created by a July shrouded in fog, damp and rain.
- A lone sailboat, a single schooner, a solitary steamship might not have much impact in an eclectic gallery.
- 2 2.1 (glass for beer) (American English/inglés norteamericano) jarra (feminine) or bock (masculine) or (Mexico/México) tarro (masculine) de cerveza 2.2 (glass for sherry) (British English/inglés británico) copa (feminine) de jerezExample sentences
- They'd rather drink a schooner of fortified wine than be seen with a glass of something pink.
- The branders and marketeers would like to bypass the image of refined sherry drinkers taking their apéritif from miniature schooners with the little finger slightly adrift of the glass.
- Painted on it was a red demon holding a schooner of beer.
- Most have done more physical damage to themselves in endless schooners.
- He received a fitting farewell in front of his home crowd before enjoying a celebratory schooner in the family pub in Sydney's inner-west.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas