Translation of schooner in Spanish:
- 1 (Nautical)Example sentences
- The glimmering vessel was a great schooner, with multiple masts on top and impressive quarters inside.
- The visit of the barques, brigantines and schooners also seemed to drive off some of the tourism malaise created by a July shrouded in fog, damp and rain.
- A lone sailboat, a single schooner, a solitary steamship might not have much impact in an eclectic gallery.
- 2 2.1 (glass for beer)(American English)2.2 (glass for sherry)jarra (feminine) or bock (masculine) or (Mexico) tarro (masculine) de cerveza(British English)Example sentences
- They'd rather drink a schooner of fortified wine than be seen with a glass of something pink.
- The branders and marketeers would like to bypass the image of refined sherry drinkers taking their apéritif from miniature schooners with the little finger slightly adrift of the glass.
- Painted on it was a red demon holding a schooner of beer.
- Most have done more physical damage to themselves in endless schooners.
- He received a fitting farewell in front of his home crowd before enjoying a celebratory schooner in the family pub in Sydney's inner-west.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.