Translation of schooner in Spanish:
- 1 (Nautical)Example sentences
- The glimmering vessel was a great schooner, with multiple masts on top and impressive quarters inside.
- The visit of the barques, brigantines and schooners also seemed to drive off some of the tourism malaise created by a July shrouded in fog, damp and rain.
- A lone sailboat, a single schooner, a solitary steamship might not have much impact in an eclectic gallery.
- 2 2.1 (glass for beer)(American English)2.2 (glass for sherry)
jarra (feminine) or bock (masculine) or (Mexico) tarro (masculine) de cerveza(British English)
copa (feminine) de jerezExample sentences
- They'd rather drink a schooner of fortified wine than be seen with a glass of something pink.
- The branders and marketeers would like to bypass the image of refined sherry drinkers taking their apéritif from miniature schooners with the little finger slightly adrift of the glass.
- Painted on it was a red demon holding a schooner of beer.
- Most have done more physical damage to themselves in endless schooners.
- He received a fitting farewell in front of his home crowd before enjoying a celebratory schooner in the family pub in Sydney's inner-west.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.