Translation of scream in Spanish:
- 1.1 (loud cry)(louder)a scream of terror
alarido (masculine)un grito or un alarido de terrorscreams of laughtercarcajadas (feminine plural)the scream of the seagulls
risotadas (feminine plural)el chillido de las gaviotasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (something, somebody funny) [colloquial] (no plural) she's a real scream
- A low rumbling and high-pitched scream of an animal came from somewhere out in the fog.
- He grabbed it around the neck and the animal let out a scream of fear.
- Alain cupped his ears as the creature's high pitched scream shattered every window pane in the room.
¡es graciosísima!it was a scream when she fell
- Then the world was reduced to a maddening thrum frequently pierced by the high-pitched scream of generators.
- They weren't really alarms; they were more like high-pitched whistles or screams.
- From the hallway, the high-pitched screams of the heart monitor could be clearly heard and it resonated in Lucas' ears.
¡es un caso!
¡es un plato! (Southern Cone) [colloquial]estuvo divertidísimo or fue para morirse de risa cuando se cayó
fue un plato cuando se cayó (Southern Cone) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Some of the perfunctory descriptions they offer of the movies they sell on DVD are a scream.
- According to my sources, the movie, titled In The Closet, is a real scream.
llorar a gritos
berrear(wind) [literary]let go of me or I'll scream
aullarsuéltame o me pongo a gritar or a chillar [literary]to scream with pain/feargritar de dolor/de miedothey were screaming with laughterse estaban riendo a carcajadasshe screamed with laughter to scream
atsomebodygritarleshe screamed at him to get out of the way aalguienle gritó para que se apartarathose yellow walls really scream at youesas paredes amarillas hacen daño a la vista or son terriblemente chillonasthe headline screamed (out) at herel titular inmediatamente atrajo su atenciónto scream forsomethinghe screamed for helpgritó pidiendo ayudashe was screaming (out) for attentionpedía atención a gritos
clamaba por atenciónExample sentences
- The victim's older brother recalled seeing his brother in the garden seconds before he heard him screaming in pain.
- I went outside and phoned all our friends and family, and came back to the ward to hear your mother screaming with pain.
- I screamed when the pain began then bit my bottom lip refusing to scream again.
- The sirens screamed even louder as the ambulance had arrived.
- The loud sirens screamed through the quiet night lighting up everything in its path.
- There are firetrucks and ambulances everywhere, sirens screaming.
- (command)they screamed abuse at him
dar a voces or a gritoslo insultaron a voz en cuelloshe screamed out his namegritó su nombreto scream something
atsomebodygritarle algothe headlines screamed: general mobilization aalguienlos titulares anunciaban en grandes caracteres: movilización generalto scream oneself hoarsegritar hasta enronquecerExample sentences
- There are the odd occasions where they shout and scream abuse and are taken off to Westlea Police Station.
- He was driven to Harrogate police station screaming abuse throughout the journey.
- If most of your weekends are spent watching the footy and screaming instructions and abuse at the players on TV, then why not put your vast football knowledge to better use.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.