- 1.1 (in rugby) melé (f) (ordenada), scrum (m)More example sentences1.2 (melee) (BrE) avalancha (f), marabunta (f) [fam & hum]
More example sentences
- With good restart possession from scrum and line-out they threw everything at a dogged CYM.
- Bees leant Keighley a front row player and uncontested scrums were the order of the day.
- The game was played under veteran's rules, which limit kicking and pushing in scrums in order to ‘even’ the playing field.
- I guess that was so they didn't disturb the scrum of journalists crowded round a wide-screen telly watching the football.
- At Galashiels station there was a huge crowd and a media scrum as I shook hands with the driver and the provost and boarded the train.
- A huge scrum developed around the vehicles as desperate people tried to get places.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)