- 1.1 (have skirmish)enfrentarsepolice and demonstrators scuffledhubo una escaramuza entre policías y manifestantesExample sentences1.2 (move quickly) mice scuffling around in the attic
ratones correteando por el desvánExample sentences
- The inevitability of globalization was evident even to the demonstrators who scuffled with armed Swiss national police units in seeking to disrupt the proceedings.
- Outside the hotel where the auction took place Tuesday, several protesters scuffled with security guards when they tried to push into the ballroom to block the sales.
- Two campers are scuffling with each other off to one side.
- They scuffled and banged around downstairs for a few minutes, but then they were gone.
- Cole scuffled over, his hands in his pockets and his eyes downcast.
- Then, having lost her nerve already by her mother's harsh words, she scuffled back towards the exit in retreat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.