- 1 [Biol] [Physiol] segregar*, secretarMore example sentences
- Melatonin, produced naturally from the amino acid tryptophan, is a hormone secreted by a gland in the brain.
- Natural interferons are a group of small proteins secreted by cells following viral infection.
- Sweat is secreted by glands in the skin when it is necessary to lose excess heat from the body.
- 2 (hide) [formal] ocultarMore example sentences
- The vials were secreted in a briefcase hidden in a truck in the courtyard of the house.
- Nonetheless, in my view, as will be seen, the two most important bottles were secreted and hidden by the accused.
- Hardly had we secreted ourselves when we spied a flotilla of a Roman expeditionary force sailing hard upstream.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...