Translation of section in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of object, newspaper, orchestra)(of machine, piece of furniture)
parte (feminine)(of road)
tramo (masculine)(of city, population, public opinion)
sector (masculine)(of orange)the first section of the book
gajo (masculine)la primera parte del librosection two, subsection one (of document)artículo dos, punto or inciso primeroExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unit of land measurement)
- The collection is divided into four sections with each section arranged around a particular subject.
- Part down the middle, then divide hair into sections, front to back.
- Inside it was divided into two distinct sections.
(American English) (640 acres o 2,59km2)Example sentences
- I mean, the odd thing is that Clinton devoted a large section of the book to his childhood.
- The book is divided into three main sections covering background, methods, and applications.
- Perhaps you could include a small section devoted to explaining the 100 most common acronyms.
- Here they talk about acres, but in West Texas we measure land in sections.
- With the help of other concerned citizens, they eventually succeeded in gaining a permit to graze their flocks on 14 sections of Forest Service land.
- 2 2.1 (department) the design sectionla sección de diseño(before noun) (manager/supervisor)2.2 (Military)
de secciónExample sentences
- In Bosnia, IO staff sections were formed in units below brigade.
- It is our tank sections and infantry squads that invariably make contact with hostile forces, not companies or battalions.
- Basson is still working for South Africa in its military's medical section.
- Soldiers will be trained to deploy as individuals, sections or units.
- Due to the nature of current combat operations in Iraq, our primary mounted maneuver unit is the section.
- A unit of action may vary from a nine-man infantry section through to a 3500-person brigade.
- Last year Swinney, who has faced constant sniping about his leadership credentials from some sections within the party, faced down a challenge by Glasgow activist Bill Wilson.
- This was the line pursued at the time by the body politic and large sections of the media to justify a knee-jerk reaction and savage state repression.
- They accused some sections of that body of trying to frustrate the inquiry.
- 3 (in geometry, drawing) a vertical/horizontal sectionuna sección or un corte vertical/horizontalExample sentences
- This technique involves mentally dividing the image in the viewfinder up into a grid of three horizontal and vertical sections.
- The vector field represents a vertical section through a vortex ring.
- 4 4.1 (thin slice) 4.2 (in surgery)Example sentences
- Obviously, if you have to deliver via Caesarian section it will take longer for you to get back on your bike.
- Once considered unthinkable, vaginal delivery after a previous caesarean section remains a safe option for many women.
- The mother had an elective cesarean section in order to ensure proper management of the airway during delivery.
- The animal from which the tissue sections are prepared is important.
- Immunohistochemical studies were performed using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections of the cyst wall.
- Sets of transverse, serial thin sections were prepared to document growth and increase in detail.
- 1 (divide)(map/area)
dividir(line)they sectioned off part of the office
segmentarsepararon parte de la oficina con una mampara ( or tabique etc)Example sentences
- The only way to tell a dolphin's age for definite is by sectioning a tooth, said Mr Whooley.
- To prevent copying, DVDs are sectioned into blocks that are each encrypted using a content scrambling system.
- The common room was a large circular room, with three-quarters of the walls being sectioned into small little box-shaped cubby holes where university students got their usual circulars, mail, etc. etc.
- 2 (cut through)(prism/rock)
hacer un corte de
- 3(British English) (Medicine)
internar en un hospital siquiátricoExample sentences
- Because of their predominantly vertical orientation, the basilar segmental bronchi of the right lower lobe are routinely sectioned transversely on CT.
- On sectioning the liver, diffuse tan miliary lesions surrounded by dark red hemorrhagic tissue were seen.
- If these foci are sectioned perfectly, diagnosis is not difficult because the parallel arrangement of the prongs is obvious.
- She was sectioned to a mental hospital in Marrakesh.
- He was sectioned to Green Lane Hospital in 2002 although he escaped regularly and went home.
- It is therefore highly unlikely that he will be abstinent from alcohol unless he was sectioned and in a locked environment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.