Translation of secular in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not religious) [education] laico, secular; [society/art] laicista, secularExample sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] [clergy/priest] seglar
- But it did guarantee that in time American politics would largely become a secular matter.
- So why in this secular age is a spiritual movement that seeks to eradicate the ‘self’ gaining ground?
- Since that time, Bangladesh has been both less socialistic and less secular.
- The rate of recruitment is probably better than that of the secular clergy, but this may be because a large percentage of the monks do not go on to priesthood.
- Individuals were chosen from different orders and secular clergy, but primarily they came from the Dominican Order.
- Overall the role of regulars was diminished and that of secular clergy and even laymen enhanced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.