Translation of secure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (safe)(fortress/hideaway)his future is secure
segurotiene el futuro aseguradoto make something secure against somethingproteger algo contra algoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (emotionally)
- Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure.
- Gualtero was making sure that their tent was secure against any gusts.
- Poverty is experienced by people without secure homes and stable employment, plus limited access to health, services and education.
(childhood/home/relationship)children who don't feel emotionally secure
- Only about 80 miles of the border is protected by secure fencing today.
- Subsequently, the other side also deployed nuclear weapons in quantity and made them relatively secure from attack.
- He has made our nation less secure, less safe, and less free.
establelos niños que no tienen seguridad or estabilidad en el plano afectivohe was secure in the knowledge that he'd done his besttenía la certidumbre de que había hecho todo lo que podíaExample sentences1.3 (assured, guaranteed)
(job/income/investment)I want to be financially secure
- Along with the past they have shared, they are secure in the knowledge that whatever lies ahead, they will face it together.
- Some will fare better than others when the kudos are handed out, but all will be secure in the knowledge that they gave it their best shot.
- He needs to be secure in the knowledge that his Mommy and Daddy are in charge.
seguroquiero tener seguridad económica
- 2 (firm, firmly fastened)(foothold/shelf)
firme(foundation)is the rope secure?
sólido¿está bien sujeta la cuerda?to make something secureasegurar algoExample sentences
- Our testers noted the shoe's superior ability to provide a springy push-off and a secure landing even on loose, rocky surfaces.
- It takes up less room in the trunk than before and offers a very tight and secure fit when closed.
- The gels, which are soft and pliable at room temperature, become firm when warmed to form a secure seal between the mask and the patient's face.
- 1 (obtain) to secure somebody's releaseconseguir la libertad de alguienExample sentences
- But now two motorists have succeeded in securing a refund.
- He also asked if there were any difficulties in securing the necessary funding from the Dept.
- Small furniture makers face the greatest difficulty securing supplies.
- The United States has every right to protect itself, to secure itself.
- The system also has to be secured against external threat.
- Council officers moved in today to secure the property.
- 2 (fasten, fix firmly)(door/gate/shelf)the boat was secured with a thick rope
asegurarel bote estaba bien amarrado con una sogashe secured her hair with pinsse sujetó el pelo con horquillasExample sentences
- Our advice is to secure it very firmly, be conservative with your speed and make frequent stops to ensure it isn't working loose.
- When I was finished, I moved behind her and secured her hair up with some pins that Ae-Sun had given to me as well.
- The other bracelet is secured to a firmly mounted horizontal hangar pole in his bedroom closet.
- On liveaboard boats, cabin doors should be secured either open or shut when at sea.
- Klaiman secures the doors open with hook-and-eye fasteners.
- The thief used a hammer to pry open a padlock securing a door on the cabin and removed an empty cash box.
- 3 3.1 (ensure)(make safe from risk) salvaguardarExample sentences3.2 (Finance)
(loan)a secured loan
- While some clients have received some speculative funding for city centre offices, the bank would require the loan to be secured on another asset.
- What is more, consolidation loans are usually secured on property while credit cards are unsecured debt.
- In consequence many bank and finance house loans secured by land mortgages are exempt from the controls of the Act.
garantizarun préstamo con garantíaa secured creditorun acreedor garantizado or asegurado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.