- (color/decor)Example sentences
- Tullow Street may look calm and sedate most mid week days but come the weekends it is an entirely different place.
- This does not reflect well on the sedate, calm and collected gentleman that I hallucinated myself to be.
- The old rock-and-lava ball had built up a nice ozone shield under which life could evolve at a properly sedate pace.
- But all this makes it rather quieter, and more sedate, and a perfect place for stage two.
- She looked out the front window at the street below them, which appeared deceptively quiet and sedate as a cart rolled by innocently.
- If you haven't figured it yet, this is an elegy to my city's once quiet, sedate, pleasant city roads, a haven for motorists.
- (Medicine)(patient/animal)she was heavily sedatedadministrar sedantes ale habían administrado un fuerte sedanteExample sentences
- His lawyers also claimed that he was heavily sedated with antipsychotic drugs during his trial.
- The anesthesia care provider then further sedates the patient intravenously.
- I have no recollection of the actual event, or the following week during which I was heavily sedated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.