vt (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado sought)
- 1.1 (search for) [formal] [person/object] buscar* they set sail to seek a new route to the Indies zarparon en busca de una nueva ruta a las Indias the reason is not far to seek [literary/literario] el motivo es obvioMore example sentences1.2 (try to obtain) [work/shelter/companionship] buscar*; [solution/explanation] tratar de encontrar, buscar* she was seeking revenge quería vengarse he went to London to seek his fortune se fue a Londres a probar fortuna she's always seeking attention siempre está tratando de llamar la atención
More example sentences1.3 (request) [approval/help] pedir* we had to seek the advice of a specialist tuvimos que asesorarnos con un especialista, tuvimos que consultar a un especialista
- Clubs and societies all over the country are organising fundraisers and shops and pubs have buckets organised that they don't need to shake or rattle - customers seek them out to make their donation.
- Many cards were outdated as people moved to new jobs, forcing him to seek them out before starting all over again.
- Rather, such evidence is not unearthed because of the lack of the will to seek it out.
More example sentences1.4 (try to bring about) [formal] [reconciliation] buscar*, tratar de lograr to seek to +
- The situation facing some women upon their release, however, is so desolate that they have returned to the prison seeking food and shelter.
- Widespread logging destroyed winter shelter, while lumber-jacks sought the lean meat.
- Dom raced back to Don and explained that there was a boy who sought food and shelter.
- I've tried to get him to accept my advice that he should seek medical help, but he persists.
- Following advice from a teacher, Smriti sought medical help but the doctor did not tell her that her son was suffering from schizophrenia.
- People concerned should seek medical attention when early symptoms set in.
infinitive/infinitivotratar de+ infinitive/infinitivo, intentar + infinitive/infinitivothey sought to overthrow the government trataron de or intentaron derrocar al gobiernoMore example sentences1.5 (move towards) buscar* plants seek the light las plantas buscan la luz
- They are an incredibly valuable resource to a transforming Army that has desired and sought adaptive capacity in its leaders.
- As such, only verbal consent was sought and obtained.
- In none of the transfer cases which have been cited to us had the consent of the man been sought or obtained.
- [formal] buscar* to seek
for/ aftersth ir* en pos de algo [literary/literario], ir* en busca de algo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.