Translation of seizure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of power)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (capture) 1.3 uncountable and countable (of property)
(impoundment)(of arms, drugs)Example sentences
- Force protection forces must flow in early to replace seizure of ground forces.
- Peaceful reforms eventually began, but his movement was brought to a rude and abrupt stop by the military's seizure of power in 1962.
- His seizure of power in 1969 was a ‘revolution’ rather than a coup d'état.
- Those who remained behind during the war protected the family property from seizure and confiscation.
- The Coast Guard is allowed to perform search and seizure without warrants, and they sometimes do tear boats to shreds, looking for cocaine.
- No documentation was given to me setting out the grounds for the search and seizure of my property which then followed.
- 2 countable (Medicine) an epileptic seizureun ataque epilépticoExample sentences
- A Canadian court heard how an epileptic driver had a seizure while driving and killed a cyclist.
- The more serious problems associated with its abuse included epileptic seizures or heart attacks.
- If you have ever had a seizure or epilepsy, this may not be the best choice of medication for you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.