Translation of select in Spanish:
- (candidate/team member)you have been selected from over 200 applicants
seleccionarha sido usted seleccionado de entre 200 candidatosthe towns were selected at randomlas ciudades fueron elegidas al azarreductions on selected modelsrebajas en una selección de modelosExample sentences
- Potential students select from available programs, typically within their own cities or states.
- Young teachers felt proud to be appointed and we could select from the best available.
- Two terms of elective subjects follow in which students may select from a wide variety of courses.
- 1.1 (exclusive)(school)1.2 (choice)
exclusivoExample sentences1.3 (especially chosen)
(group)only the select few
- Karate is no longer just a pastime for a select few, as young and old discover the discipline of martial arts.
- Then again, it would benefit the union if every team, not just a select few, could bid for players.
- Some of Australia's most successful young leaders apply for the fellowship, but only a select few are accepted.
selectosolo los escogidosa select audienceuna selecta concurrenciaExample sentences
- However, she warned that removing money from a select group of wealthy schools was unlikely to solve the problem.
- There are more select areas of Swindon where they pay nothing at all.
- Aside from its internet offering, the company plans to become a big player in a select area of London.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.