- [gearbox/weapon] semiautomáticoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The introduction of the semi-automatic gearbox with no clutch pedal by both Renault and Saab failed to impress the market.
- All that is transmitted through a semi-automatic five-speed gearbox, which is a delight to use.
- The gearbox is an electrohydraulically-operated semi-automatic, and the hydraulics need to be pumped up by the engine.
- Once hailed as the ultimate home-defense firearm, pistol-caliber semi-automatic carbines never caught on as well with the police or the general public as it did with gun writers.
- The shipment contained 220 assault rifles and 60 semi-automatic shotguns.
- Among the arms recovered were handguns, semi-automatic firearms, explosives, pipe bombs, bomb components and several bombs.
peronismo is a political movement, known officially as justicialismo, named for the populist politician Colonel Juan Domingo Perón, elected President of Argentina in 1946. An admirer of Italian fascism, Perón claimed always to be a champion of the workers and the poor, the descamisados (shirtless ones), to whom his first wife Eva Duarte (`Evita') became a kind of icon, especially after her death in 1952. Although he instituted some social reforms, Perón's regime proved increasingly repressive and he was ousted by the army in 1955. He returned from exile to become president in 1973, but died in office a year later. The Partido Justicialista has governed Argentina almost continuously since 1989, under Presidents Carlos Menem, Néstor Kirchner, and Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Néstor Kirchner's widow, who was re-elected President in 2011.