Translation of senate in Spanish:
- 1 (Politics)the Senateel senado or SenadoExample sentences
- The bicameral parliament is comprised of a senate and national assembly.
- We also have a new parliament, a national assembly and a senate appointed by the different factions.
- Governors, often elected by the legislatures for one-year terms, were denied the veto, and senates (the new upper houses) were not allowed to amend money bills.
- 2 (of university)≈ rectorado (masculine)
junta (feminine) de gobierno (Mexico) (junta integrada por el rector y algunos profesores)Example sentences
- The faculty senate at Virginia State University was abolished in 2001.
- Six days after his arrest, and following consultation with members of his department and of the faculty senate, the university president acted to dismiss him.
- Resolutions from the university senate and several protests, including a hunger strike by seventeen students, have sought to focus public attention on the disparity in benefits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Senate
El Senado es la cámara alta del Congreso → Congress de Estados Unidos. Está formado por 100 senadores → Senator, dos por cada estado y son elegidos por períodos de seis años. Toda nueva ley debe ser aprobada por el Senado y la Cámara de Representantes → House of Representatives, pero el Senado tiene responsabilidad especial en asuntos relacionados con la política exterior → President.