- 1.1 [Govt] the Senate el senado or SenadoMore example sentences1.2 (of university) rectorado (m), junta (f) de gobierno (Méx) (junta integrada por el rector y algunos profesores)
More example sentences
- The bicameral parliament is comprised of a senate and national assembly.
- We also have a new parliament, a national assembly and a senate appointed by the different factions.
- Governors, often elected by the legislatures for one-year terms, were denied the veto, and senates (the new upper houses) were not allowed to amend money bills.
- The faculty senate at Virginia State University was abolished in 2001.
- Six days after his arrest, and following consultation with members of his department and of the faculty senate, the university president acted to dismiss him.
- Resolutions from the university senate and several protests, including a hunger strike by seventeen students, have sought to focus public attention on the disparity in benefits.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.