Translation of sequester in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [Law/Derecho] (in contempt case) embargar*; [property in litigation] secuestrarExample sentences
- After the war in 1944 German property in Belgium was sequestered, and the shares in the subsidiary sold.
- That runs counter to the finding of the judge that he has realisable assets in a certain amount in excess of those sums which have been sequestered.
- Hence, several farms have not been able to sell their milk, which was sequestered by the local health authorities and destroyed.
- 2 (isolate) [literary/literario] aislar*Example sentences
- In fact, practically every story written on her lately has breathlessly played up how she sequestered herself in a cabin in the woods near Ottawa in the months leading up to making the album.
- He then sequestered himself in a cave for nine years and sat gazing at the wall.
- So they actually bought their own small roulette wheel, sequestered themselves in their rooms at the Pension Russe, spent hours practicing, and returned to play day after day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.