- 1 (of dial, switch) posición (feminine) leave the heater on its lowest setting deja el calentador en el mínimoMore example sentences
- Each of the AquaGate's Fan Speed settings also shows a direct result on its cooling ability.
- He stated that the cart had speed control settings that permitted Nelson to operate the cart at a pace too fast for the path terrain.
- The faulty temperature settings over the winter seem to be a direct result of that.
- 2 2.1 (of novel, movie) escenario (masculine) post-war Berlin provides the setting for her latest play su última obra está ambientada en or tiene como escenario el Berlín de la posguerra 2.2 (surroundings) marco (m), entorno (m)More example sentences2.3 (for gem) engarce (m), engaste (m), montura (f)
More example sentences
- With a wonderful setting situated at the front of the glass dome, it affords unbroken views of the River Irvine, the church spires of the town and the hills beyond.
- All of the museums offer stylish settings for events and can cater for up to 1500 guests.
- Downpatrick Library is an appropriate setting for the event.
More example sentences
- Yellow gold is the setting that most people choose for their wedding ring.
- These were either fixed into metal settings or drilled along the prism axis and strung as beads.
- We're so used to seeing turquoise in a setting for a ring or as a pendant that we don't often consider it for the interior design of our homes.
- New York has probably been the setting for more novels and memoirs than any city in the world.
- The clinic that provided the setting for the novel is perched on top of a hill.
- Two other Innes novels with partial Oxford settings are Stop Press and Operation Pax.
- 3(place setting)cubierto (masculine)
- 4 [Music/Música] arreglo (m), versión (f)More example sentences
- It has attracted numerous polyphonic settings, by such composers as Victoria, Palestrina, and Mozart.
- The new piece is a musical setting - without words - of McKellar's poem, Sangsters, in three verses.
- The evening will feature choral settings of Palestinian poems, traditional Palestinian dance and Israeli music fused with jazz.
- 5 [Printing/Imprenta] composición (feminine)
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)