Translation of setup in Spanish:
- 1 (situation, arrangement) sistema (feminine), organización (feminine); [pejorative/peyorativo], tinglado (masculine) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo], montaje (masculine) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]Example sentences
- He had been rowing for 12 years, five of them as part of the international set-up.
- Running a business school under a government set-up has its disadvantages.
- In a corporate set-up, the drive to perform better brings about stress.
- Was it a set-up by powerful but corrupt Saudis who felt the bootleggers had undercut their market or ripped them off over bribes or a share of the profits?
- The thought that this whole thing was a set-up crossed her mind, involuntarily causing her to grip her gun for reassurance.
- Is the whole accusation of racism just a set-up?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.