Translation of sheath in Spanish:
noun plural sheaths Pronunciation: / ʃiːðz /
- 1 1.1 (for sword)(for knife)(for wiring)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Botany)
- Drawing the sword free of the sheath she inspected the blade.
- Shaking his head at the stupidity of his thoughts, he pulled the sword from its sheath and swung the blade experimentally.
- The anger was beginning to show as he took his sword from its sheath and positioned the blade so that it was at the guard's neck.
- Films of silica act like the plastic sheath on copper cable, since silica is insulating.
- Installation is a breeze, and they even provide you with enough in the way of sheaths to keep your cables tidy if you need to.
- The linear symmetry of the gold-colored cable sheaths was especially important.
- The tumor infiltrated perineural sheaths and peripancreatic fatty tissue.
- The median nerve and the tendon of palmaris profundus are ensheathed in a common sheath of connective tissue.
- It is the breakdown of the synovial tissue of tendon sheaths that gives rise to most ganglia.
- 2 (contraceptive)Example sentences
- This bill aims to take away the criminalised aspect of that, and it de-penalises the aspect of having evidence of safe sex on the premises - that is, condoms, sheaths, diaphragms, and lubricants.
- The condom, or male sheath, was quite a late development.
- Protective and decorative penis sheaths were common among primitive societies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the