- 1 (tremor) the scream sent shivers o a shiver down my spineel grito me produjo escalofríosExample sentences
- She sings with a power and commitment that sends shivers down your spine.
- There is a particular passage in Myth that sends shivers down my spine.
- The word Conservative still sends shivers down the spine of voters.
- (with cold)(with fear) temblar(with anticipation) estremecerseExample sentences
- I am burning up and shivering uncontrollably, hot cold sweat draining from my flesh.
- I was just starting to wrestle out of my oversized shirt, shivering slightly in the cold bathroom, when a heard a faint knocking on the main door.
- I shivered slightly in the cold but couldn't help grinning to myself.
- (splinter) [literary]Example sentences
- I like to look at the way that small shivers and fragments of light, escape through a teeny gap in the curtains, throwing quirky shapes upon the wall or ceiling.
- He picked the larger shivers of glass out of the cut but that just made it bleed more.
- Keep away from windows because the high winds and pressure can shatter the window, sending shivers of glass everywhere.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.