- 1.1 (of fish) cardumen (masculine), banco (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (large number) montón (masculine) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences
- All the same we took about thirty fish from the shoal before they became too cross with us to feed on.
- Huge dense shoals of fish cover the forward quarter of the wreck.
- Last year they found some big shoals of bream below Kings Lawn and really hammered them out.
- In the end I found a whole shoal of them in the sports section.
- Before the current intifada began in 2000, shoals of tourists made it difficult to move in these lanes.
- The popular take-away and restaurant in Chippenham has been short-listed for the area title of the contest, after shoals of nominations from its customers.