- 1.1 (make shorter) [skirt/sleeves] acortar; [text/report] acortar, abreviar plans to shorten the working week planes para reducir la jornada laboral to shorten sail [Nautical/Náutica] reducir* velas to shorten the odds aumentar las probabilidades 1.2 [Cookery/Cocina] [pastry] agregarle* mantequilla ( or grasa etc) aMore example sentences
- Do you think Setta needs to shorten his stride when approaching the ball on field goals?
- In the fall and as winter approaches, the days shorten and temperatures drop.
- With less flexibility at the hip and ankle, your stride will shorten.
- [days/nights] acortarse the odds have shortened las probabilidades han aumentado
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.