Translation of shout in Spanish:
- to give a shout of joy/paindar un grito de alegría/dolorgive me a shout when you're ready [colloquial]avísame cuando estés listo
pégame un grito cuando estés listo [colloquial]Example sentences
- She gave out a strong shout, much louder than she intended to.
- The superior officer clapped his hands and called for attention with a loud shout, which echoed throughout the hold.
- Loud shouts, yells, and laughs ran from the tavern and out onto the street, disturbing the town's late night silence.
- there's no need to shout don't all shout out at onceno griten todos a la vezto shout
atsomebodygritarledon't shout at me aalguien¡no me grites!to shout tosomebodygritarlehe shouted to her to come back aalguienle gritó que volvieseto shout forsomebodyllamar a alguien a gritosto shout forsomethingpedir algo a gritosto shout for helppedir auxilio a gritosto shout for joygritar de alegríahow was your weekend? — oh, nothing to shout about¿qué tal el fin de semana? — bah, nada especial or nada del otro mundo
- go away! he shouted—¡váyanse!— gritóI shouted (out) a warning to shout abuse at somebodyinsultar a alguien a gritosExample sentences
- A female friend Ms Owen shouted out in court that the decision to adjourn the hearing was ‘cruel.’
- Allegedly she turns when her name is shouted out.
- After one of his typically brilliant campaign speeches, someone shouted out to Stevenson from the crowd that he had the votes of all thinking Americans.
- to shout oneself hoarsegritar hasta quedarse ronco or afónicoExample sentences
- She had shouted so loud in his face that Troy jumped startled and lost his grip on the beaker.
- Simply because she can shout louder than Kelvin Ramnath does not mean that she makes sense.
- Sarah shouted as loud as she could so that she could be heard over the other members of the welcoming party for the boat.
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object
hacer callar a gritos
(answer)they walked along shouting out slogans
dar a gritos
dar a gritos
caminaban gritando or coreando consignashe shouted out his displeasure
manifestó a gritos su descontento2verb + adverb
dar or pegar un grito
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.