- 1 (movement) with a shrug (of her shoulders) encogiéndose de hombros to give a shrug (of indifference) encogerse* de hombros (con indiferencia)More example sentences
- What was anticipated as a big fat Greek embrace turned instead into a casual shrug of the shoulders.
- Any restaurant that gets a shrug of the shoulders and a hand waving in the manner of an umpire should consider it a moral victory.
- There is no outrage, just a shrug of the shoulders.
- 2 [Clothing/Indumentaria] bolero (masculine)More example sentences
- Also key is quirky detail: a velvet ribbon tied at the waist of a jacket; a fur shrug worn over a sloppy knit; a brooch or a corsage fastening a cardigan.
- Real or faux fur, shrugs, stoles or capelets are also great alternatives.
- Also a light brown camisole tank top, and a short white sweater shrug that had a chocolate brown colored tie in the front.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-gg-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- to shrug one's shoulders encogerse* de hombros
shrug offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [misfortune/disappointment] superar, sobreponerse* a; [criticism] hacer* caso omiso de, no dejarse afectar por
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to