Translation of sickness in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (disease) [literary/literario] enfermedad (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) sickness insurance seguro (masculine) de enfermedadExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (being ill) inform your employer of your sickness as soon as possible dé parte de enfermo lo antes posible, comunique a su empleador que está enfermo lo antes posible
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (nausea) náuseas (feminine plural); (vomiting) vómitos (masculine plural) a feeling of sickness una sensación de náusea(s) car/air/travel sickness mareo (masculine) ([ al viajar en coche, avión etc ])
- Viruses are responsible for some minor sicknesses like colds or chickenpox as well as extremely serious diseases like smallpox or HIV / AIDS.
- Farmers living in fumigated areas complain of myriad sicknesses, including skin problems and birth defects.
- Antibiotics are strong medicines used to treat sicknesses called infections.
- You have a severe headache with fever, sickness and possibly a rash.
- There are the usual migraine symptoms - headache, sickness, sensitivity to light, but there are no aura symptoms.
- Sixty-one years ago, they promised to love each other in sickness and health.
- There may also be nausea, sickness or diarrhoea, and a feeling of exhaustion.
- All the children were suffering from sickness, vomiting and twitching.
- York District Hospital managers today appealed for visitors who have suffered sickness and diarrhoea to stay away from its grounds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.