Translation of sickness in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (disease) [literary] (before noun) sickness insuranceExample sentences1.2 uncountable (being ill) inform your employer of your sickness as soon as possible
dé parte de enfermo lo antes posible
- Viruses are responsible for some minor sicknesses like colds or chickenpox as well as extremely serious diseases like smallpox or HIV / AIDS.
- Farmers living in fumigated areas complain of myriad sicknesses, including skin problems and birth defects.
- Antibiotics are strong medicines used to treat sicknesses called infections.
comunique a su empleador que está enfermo lo antes posibleExample sentences1.3 uncountable (nausea)
(vomiting)a feeling of sickness
- You have a severe headache with fever, sickness and possibly a rash.
- There are the usual migraine symptoms - headache, sickness, sensitivity to light, but there are no aura symptoms.
- Sixty-one years ago, they promised to love each other in sickness and health.
vómitos (masculine plural)una sensación de náusea(s)car/air/travel sicknessmareo (masculine) (al viajar en coche, avión etc)Example sentences
- There may also be nausea, sickness or diarrhoea, and a feeling of exhaustion.
- All the children were suffering from sickness, vomiting and twitching.
- York District Hospital managers today appealed for visitors who have suffered sickness and diarrhoea to stay away from its grounds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.