Translation of site in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (location) emplazamiento (masculine) [formal]; (piece of land) terreno (masculine), solar (masculine) built on the site of a Roman temple construido en el lugar que ocupaba un templo romano this is the site of the battle este lugar fue el escenario de la batallaExample sentences1.2
(building site)obra (feminine) on site in situ, en la obra 1.3(archeological site)yacimiento (masculine) or emplazamiento (masculine) (arqueológico) this is a Greek site este es un emplazamiento griego a burial site una necrópolis 1.4(campsite)camping (masculine)
- Historical monuments, sites and buildings also came under the scrutinising eye of the engineers preparing the draft plan.
- They are urging planners to tighten controls to prevent developers from building on greenland sites in the area.
- The group is seeking planning permission on several sites and will begin building on others.
- 2 [Medicine/Medicina] (of fracture) lugar (masculine), punto (masculine); (of infection) zona (feminine)Example sentences
- In the event, 57 farms sites were infected before the first case was diagnosed.
- They now intend seeking permission to retain and continue using the landfill site at Emo Park.
- They allow unlimited travel on all trains and access to all event sites on the railway.
- 3 (on Internet) sitio (masculine)Example sentences
- There needs to be URL blocking of spyware sites, and spyware should be in antivirus signature databases.
- New techniques allow criminal hackers to compromise legitimate sites to download malware to your computer.
- Now that you have made it possible to create a Weblog, return to your site's home page.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva) [building/factory] situar*, ubicar* (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , emplazar* [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.