Translation of site in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (location)emplazamiento (masculine) [formal]built on the site of a Roman templeconstruido en el lugar que ocupaba un templo romanothis is the site of the battleeste lugar fue el escenario de la batallaExample sentences
- Historical monuments, sites and buildings also came under the scrutinising eye of the engineers preparing the draft plan.
- They are urging planners to tighten controls to prevent developers from building on greenland sites in the area.
- The group is seeking planning permission on several sites and will begin building on others.
also: building siteon sitein situ1.3
- In the event, 57 farms sites were infected before the first case was diagnosed.
- They now intend seeking permission to retain and continue using the landfill site at Emo Park.
- They allow unlimited travel on all trains and access to all event sites on the railway.
en la obraalso: archeological siteyacimiento (masculine) or emplazamiento (masculine) (arqueológico)this is a Greek siteeste es un emplazamiento griegoa burial siteuna necrópolis1.4also: campsite
- 3 (on Internet)Example sentences
- There needs to be URL blocking of spyware sites, and spyware should be in antivirus signature databases.
- New techniques allow criminal hackers to compromise legitimate sites to download malware to your computer.
- Now that you have made it possible to create a Weblog, return to your site's home page.
- (often passive) (building/factory)ubicar (esp Latin America)emplazar [formal]Example sentences
- There are concerns about siting a new hall on the recreation field and uncertainty the current building needs as much work as is suggested.
- Some residents are concerned that new bus stops being sited outside their homes will bring noise and disruption.
- Siting new power lines is fraught with even more resistance than siting a new power plant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.