Translation of skipper in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of boat) patrón, (masculine, feminine), capitán, (masculine, feminine); (of plane) capitán, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] (coach) entrenador, (masculine, feminine); (captain) capitán, (masculine, feminine); (as form of address/como título de cortesía) jefe, [colloquial/familiar] morning, skipper ¡buenas, jefe! [colloquial/familiar]
- Our skipper would serve as aircraft commander; he also was the air wing's top-hook aviator.
- Done with maneuvers, a US Navy aircraft carrier skipper decided to let his crew vote on which port to visit for shore leave.
- The skipper followed me as I spiralled down as slowly as possible.
- The skippers and ship owners may be fined £32,000 each.
- Ransa will supply the vessel and a skipper if you need one.
- Boat skippers can cause mishaps on the water with similarly rash behavior.
- Our skipper plays games against teams with dominant closers as if they are eight innings long.
- Soames is not letting the poor form of his side drag him down and the young skipper was top scorer with 44.
- They know, with the skipper in the side, they won't be lacking guidance and a driving force.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [colloquial/familiar] [boat/plane] capitanear he skippered the team to victory in 1948 condujo al equipo a la victoria en 1948
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...