- 1.1 (of animals) matanza (f) ritual slaughter sacrificio (m) (ritual)More example sentences1.2 (massacre) masacre (f), matanza (f), carnicería (f)
More example sentences
- The course covers meat processing from slaughter to packaging, food preparation and export compliance, health and safety, and communication skills.
- Both pathogens can colonise the intestines of beef cattle and get into the food chain during slaughter at the abattoir.
- The Bible records many examples of the slaughter of animals for food, products or purpose.
- Yet Amin took the use of murder as a way of dealing with all enemies, real or imagined, to new heights in Uganda and conducted his campaign of slaughter with cruel relish.
- Those possibilities, it seems, now extend to violent slaughter of the type previously monopolised by male action heroes.
- Brutal conquests to be sure, his bloody wake of slaughter in the violent thirteenth century led to the murder of untold millions.
- 1.1 (kill) [pig/cattle] matar, carnear (CS) ; [civilians/troops] matar salvajemente, masacrarMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (defeat) [colloquial/familiar] [opponent/team] darle* una paliza a [familiar/colloquial] we were slaughtered in the final nos dieron una paliza en la final [familiar/colloquial]
- When I say meat, I do mean slaughtered animals killed for food.
- I don't have a moral dilemma when it comes to slaughtering animals for food, just so long as it is done humanely.
- Thus, even though nomads have to get much of their food by slaughtering animals from their herds, their way of life is still religiously respectable.
More example sentences
- The new powers will enable the Executive to slaughter pet birds - and even dogs and cats.
- The three feuding groups adopted extremely cruel methods to slaughter each other and engage in ethnic cleansing.
- If these officials are telling the truth, they gave in because they believed NATO was about to destroy urban Serbia and slaughter the civilian population.
- Bradford took the morning's foursomes 8-4 with Ian Martin and Roche slaughtering their opponents 7 & 6.
- In the first game of the summer cup, Walkers' dominoes team were slaughtered.
- I'm going ‘ah no, I've just got away’ but up we went and I got hammered, absolutely slaughtered.