Translation of slippage in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (in standards, schedule) baja (feminine), bajón (masculine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Technology/Tecnología] patinaje (masculine)
- The experience of defence equipment procurement in the UK since the second world war is a story liberally strewn with cost overruns and timetable slippages, often on a massive scale.
- These included streamlining training practices and eliminating slippages in deliveries.
- The aftermath of a terrorist attack is the riskiest time for such slippages.
- The registration process creates slippage: each of the four colors, plus black, are printed over one another.
- This suggests that some process other than enzyme slippage is contributing to the high level of diversity in this region.
- Microsatellite lengths change over evolutionary time through a process of replication slippage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the