- 1 1.1 (opening) ranura (feminine) to put a coin in the slot meter una moneda en la ranuraMore example sentences1.2 (groove) ranura (feminine), muesca (feminine)
More example sentences
- This user-friendly machine has a tiny slot for inserting the bank-notes and the service provided is free.
- I inserted a CD into the insert slot on the machine and it pulled the CD inside.
- Coffee drinkers in luxurious coffee shops may throw a disrespectful or pathetic look on me, one who puts coins in the slot of a coffee machine.
- It's certainly usable, but maybe having slots instead of screw holes for more flexibility when mounting would have been better.
- When placed into a slot that fits the screw's groove and shape, this allows for rotary motion to be converted into forward or backward motion.
- It's easy to find a bit that fits the screw slot properly.
- 2 2.1 (job) puesto (masculine), plaza (feminine) 2.2 [Radio] [Television/Televisión] espacio (masculine) the band has a regular slot in that bar el grupo toca regularmente en ese barMore example sentences
- The subject of no fewer than three slots on television news bulletins on Thursday night, it was an unprecedented achievement for an editor demanding his paper gets talked about.
- The BBC is to place greater emphasis on foreign affairs programming with the announcement of funding for more commissions, to be broadcast in prime-time slots.
- In another change from the usual pattern, the lectures will be broadcast in a morning slot at 9.00 am (with a repeat in the evening).
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-tt-)
- 1.1 (insert) to slot sth
intosth meter or encajar algo enalgo 1.2(slotted past participle of/participio pasado de)slotted screw tornillo (masculine) de cabeza ranurada slotted spoon espumadera (feminine)
slot in verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [shelf/part] encajar 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [component] hacer* encajar I can slot you in at 3 o'clock this afternoon le puedo hacer un hueco esta tarde a las 3
slot together verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [parts/items] encajar ([ unos con otros ]) 1.1verb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio [pieces/objects] hacer* encajar
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to