Translation of slot in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (opening) ranura (feminine) to put a coin in the slot meter una moneda en la ranuraExample sentences1.2 (groove) ranura (feminine), muesca (feminine)
- This user-friendly machine has a tiny slot for inserting the bank-notes and the service provided is free.
- I inserted a CD into the insert slot on the machine and it pulled the CD inside.
- Coffee drinkers in luxurious coffee shops may throw a disrespectful or pathetic look on me, one who puts coins in the slot of a coffee machine.
- It's certainly usable, but maybe having slots instead of screw holes for more flexibility when mounting would have been better.
- When placed into a slot that fits the screw's groove and shape, this allows for rotary motion to be converted into forward or backward motion.
- It's easy to find a bit that fits the screw slot properly.
- 2 2.1 (job) puesto (masculine), plaza (feminine) 2.2 [Radio] [Television/Televisión] espacio (masculine) the band has a regular slot in that bar el grupo toca regularmente en ese barExample sentences
- The subject of no fewer than three slots on television news bulletins on Thursday night, it was an unprecedented achievement for an editor demanding his paper gets talked about.
- The BBC is to place greater emphasis on foreign affairs programming with the announcement of funding for more commissions, to be broadcast in prime-time slots.
- In another change from the usual pattern, the lectures will be broadcast in a morning slot at 9.00 am (with a repeat in the evening).
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-tt-)
- 1.1 (insert) to slot sth
intosth meter or encajar algo enalgo 1.2(slotted past participle of/participio pasado de)slotted screw tornillo (masculine) de cabeza ranurada slotted spoon espumadera (feminine)
slot in verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [shelf/part] encajar 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [component] hacer* encajar I can slot you in at 3 o'clock this afternoon le puedo hacer un hueco esta tarde a las 3
slot together verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [parts/items] encajar ([ unos con otros ]) 1.1verb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio [pieces/objects] hacer* encajar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.