- 1 (swamp)Example sentences
- The main landscape feature is endless peat bog, surrounded by marsh, leading into morasses, sloughs and quagmires.
- Crappie and maybe a few largemouth bass had been the alleged focus of this June morning fishing a swamp slough in southeast Texas.
- Creeks, sloughs, bayous, and swamps, including a large cypress swamp at the base of Crowley's Ridge, ran around the town.
- (Zoology)(skin)mudar deExample sentences
- But, as the play moves back in time, she beautifully sheds guilt and stress like a snake sloughing its skin.
- Eventually the tissue is sloughed at the tentacle tips.
- So what we're doing is collecting sloughed skin.
- 2 (dead tissue)Example sentences
- Papain/urea debriding ointment is indicated for the debridement of necrotic tissue and liquefaction of slough in acute and chronic lesions.
- When using a nonselcctive enzyme, limit its application to the necrotic or slough tissue and avoid applying it to viable tissue, such as the surrounding wound area.
- Necrotic tissue, in the form of yellow slough, filled 10% to 20% of all 3 wound beds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than