- 1 (swamp)Example sentences
- The main landscape feature is endless peat bog, surrounded by marsh, leading into morasses, sloughs and quagmires.
- Crappie and maybe a few largemouth bass had been the alleged focus of this June morning fishing a swamp slough in southeast Texas.
- Creeks, sloughs, bayous, and swamps, including a large cypress swamp at the base of Crowley's Ridge, ran around the town.
mudar deExample sentences
- But, as the play moves back in time, she beautifully sheds guilt and stress like a snake sloughing its skin.
- Eventually the tissue is sloughed at the tentacle tips.
- So what we're doing is collecting sloughed skin.
- 1 (of snake) (Zoology) it is an attempt to cast off the slough of the old order [literary]es un intento de abandonar las viejas prácticasExample sentences
- Papain/urea debriding ointment is indicated for the debridement of necrotic tissue and liquefaction of slough in acute and chronic lesions.
- When using a nonselcctive enzyme, limit its application to the necrotic or slough tissue and avoid applying it to viable tissue, such as the surrounding wound area.
- Necrotic tissue, in the form of yellow slough, filled 10% to 20% of all 3 wound beds.
- 1.1 (Zoology)
(characteristic)to slough off a habit
abandonar una costumbre
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.