Translation of snare in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (to catch animals) trampa (feminine), cepo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (ploy, plan) trampa (feminine) it's just a snare and a delusion no es más que un engaño
- Most poachers used silent and invisible methods such as wire snares and jaw traps to capture their quarry, be it deer or tigers.
- How many snares would a single hunter set in the forest?
- In her diary entry for 4 June 1832, Sally Brown noted catching two partridges, probably using snares.
- Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
- Artists have been consciously aware for a very long time of the conflict between aesthetic image and reality and the fact that this conflict poses a specific set of contradictions, difficulties and potential snares.
- Perhaps, if those children received help at this early stage, they might not fall permanently into the vicious snare of shyness which can leave adults, like Lynne Crawford, reflecting sadly on a life of missed opportunities.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [rabbit/bird] atrapar how did he manage to snare such a pretty wife? ¿cómo pudo cazar or atrapar a una mujer tan bonita?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.