Translation of sober in Spanish:
- 1 (not drunk) I am perfectly soberestoy perfectamente sobrio or despejadowe'll talk about it when you're soberlo hablaremos cuando estés sobrio or cuando se te haya pasado la borrachera or cuando te hayas despejadoExample sentences
- Drunk or sober, he was driven by a manic energy and impatience that made him a difficult friend and an almost impossible husband and father.
- I got my bearings reasonably quickly, though, despite spending more time drunk than sober in the city centre.
- Trust me, I've been around a few drunks and being sober and standing there trying to understand what they are saying is hard enough.
- 2 2.1 (serious, grave)(expression)
formalExample sentences2.2 (rational, moderate) the sober facts
los hechos tal cual son2.3 (subdued)(dress/colors/decor)
- The coverage was serious, it was sober, it was comprehensive, and the press really seemed in tune with the surge of patriotism in the country.
- Instead, such a point should be one for sober and serious analysis of how we can address some of our key weaknesses and lay the foundations for future growth.
- Their manifesto is sensible and sober, identifying issues that concern real people…
- Trouser suits and sober colours probably describe me best.
- Kennedy, dressed in a sober grey suit, blushed as the press urged him to kiss his wife on the lips.
- ‘I think I look a bit silly,’ he said as he surveyed the more sober colours surrounding the entrance to the County Stand.
- 1verb + adverb 1.1 (drunk person)come back when you've sobered up
vuelve cuando estés sobrio or cuando se te haya pasado la borrachera or cuando te hayas despejado1.2 (become serious)
sentar cabeza2verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 2.1
(drunk person)2.2 (make serious)
hacer sentar cabeza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.