- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (soda water) soda (f), agua (f‡) de seltz Scotch and soda whisky (masculine) con soda or sifónMore example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (flavored) (American English/inglés norteamericano) refresco (m), fresco (m) (Latin America/América Latina) orange soda naranjada (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (ice-cream soda) (American English/inglés norteamericano) ice-cream soda (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) (refresco con helado)
- The basic mixers are cola, lemon-lime soda, tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice, ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
- Muddle the mint and the rest of the ingredients in the glass until the sugar has melted before topping up with crushed ice and a whoosh of soda water or sparkling mineral water.
- We went to the beach, sunbathed, read books under straw parasols, ate olives and drank cheap red wine watered down with soda water.
- They were brought up on sweet beverages and soda, and on caffeine.
- Every diet gone bad has its usual suspects - soda, sweets, French fries, et cetera.
- My laughing and petty revenge seemed to have made that soda sweeter.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] soda (f), sosa (f) (before noun/delante del nombre) soda ash soda (f) or sosa (f) Solvay soda breadpan hecho con levadura química o polvo de hornear soda cracker (American English/inglés norteamericano) galletita (feminine) saladaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The scientific explanation for this phenomenon is that soda contains carbon dioxide gas.
- Because soap is made primarily from a caustic blend of boiled animal fat, lye and soda, it is highly alkaline.
- A fusion of sand, soda, and potash, its peculiarity resides in how these elements are not perceived but effaced.
- Add nitrate of soda or ammonia sulfate for inorganic amendments.
- In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.
- Combine flour, bi-carbonate of soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.